My Squareback

Post your Type 3 Photo URLs here
donnyburger

My Squareback

Post by donnyburger » 31st January 2010 - 11:03pm

Hi everyone, I'm Scott, from Kendal, ooop Norf.

Bought this 1972 square off a friend 4 weeks ago, loving every second.
He's rebuilt it from the ground up, with a lot of new parts, hence the early front wings, spend 100's of hours, and a considerable amount of money in the running! New interior also, comfy as hell, will get pics of that one day.

Anyway, best pics I have as of now...

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork » 1st February 2010 - 8:40am

looks sweet on the polished burners... 8)

alan

Post by alan » 1st February 2010 - 10:40am

late/early doesn't always float my boat!! But this works for me.

Sweet! :D

kyle

Post by kyle » 1st February 2010 - 11:22pm

the only thing i c thats early about the wings is the bullet indicators n side markers? ami missin something? it has indents for the later style bumper in them too but the early style dont hav um? so some1s fed u some B.S n put some early things on there eg bumpers (and the above) but they've did it nicely. looks better than a stock late car cus vw went stupid on meetin requirements and not keepin up the nice style too. they thought bigger was better n then made everything big n bulky! but the way its bin done works, i'd b proud to say its my car!

it is a nice looking car, lovin the colour too :D
67 fastback
65 bug
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

Editor

Post by Editor » 2nd February 2010 - 1:36pm

The big bumpers, longer front and various other mods were USA safety spec requirements to improve passenger safety in an accident. They wouldn't have been able to sell them to the USA otherwise, and more than half their production went there!
Dave.

T3PO

Post by T3PO » 2nd February 2010 - 4:06pm

Love it Love it Love it!! Sweet ride, & I agree the polished burners work so well. Great individual car - hat off to your mucker who did the resto!

Hopefully meet it (& you) in person one day! 8) 8) 8)
www.volksoccurin.com

donnyburger

Post by donnyburger » 2nd February 2010 - 7:51pm

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!

We'll be at some shows this year, sometimes in this, or our Splitty, or maybe the Polo!
Anyone who's up North in the Summer, I'm hosting a show near Kendal. Not wanting to be a blatant spammer, so I'll put all the details in the relevant sub-forum.

Yes, Phil is a legend. (He's the guy I bought it off.)
He went to the far end of a fart, making sure it looked good, even so far as the panel gaps were measured and equal!
Fresh starter motor on today, now doesn't go 'click-click-click-click-click-vroom' any more!

haz

Post by haz » 14th February 2010 - 8:20am

Loving the look,

Nice to see a clean and simple square.

Can I ask, so the bumpers are early model on late body and late wings? also is that early model wide trim again on late model? - have been told, even by T3D, that you cant fit early wide trim on a late model :?

Would love to know some details, specially with the trim as I need new stuff on my 71Fb and love the look of that

Cheers.