Hello all!!

Just for 411 and 412 stuff.
bedumon

Hello all!!

Post by bedumon » 15th June 2010 - 3:06pm

I recently visited the DC10 car show. I drive a bmw E30 and went down with the intention of seeing some top beemers. Me and brothers are into the bmw scene and have modded E36 bmw's massively. At the show I was completely won over by the VW's espicially the mk1 golfs/polos, campers and this:

I had never seen one of these before and I was completely in awe of it. I had a look around for the owner but I couldn't find them :( So a quick websearch sent me here.

Basically what I want to know is what's been done to this car, who owns it, how hard is it to get one of these and basic price of the car and how much would be needed to be spent to get a car somwhere near this?

Thanks.

rustydubs

Re: Hello all!!

Post by rustydubs » 15th June 2010 - 6:01pm

its a brazillia, its rare, if you do a search on google 't3d brazillia' i think it will bring up a lot of info on this car.

Editor

Post by Editor » 15th June 2010 - 7:31pm

Take a look at one of the topics on this site - it's a bit frightening what was done to this Brasilia!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2995&p=12995&hilit=Brasilia#p12995
Dave.

bedumon

Post by bedumon » 15th June 2010 - 9:48pm

Thank you very much guys for clearing that up.

I would love to own one of these in the near future and make it something special. Just a poor student though....:crybaby:

bedumon

Post by bedumon » 15th June 2010 - 10:12pm

Just out of interest what's the likelyhood of getting hold of one of these, where's the best place to look and what kind of money do they fetch??

ARCANE

Post by ARCANE » 16th June 2010 - 9:30am

bedumon wrote:Just out of interest what's the likelyhood of getting hold of one of these, where's the best place to look and what kind of money do they fetch??

Brazil! :lol: Sorry i couldnt resist, nice one for the pics that is awesome love it. 8)
"A BLIND MAN WOULD BE GLAD TO SEE IT"

WWW.DBS-VW.CO.UK

WWW.CTTP.CO.UK

bedumon

Post by bedumon » 16th June 2010 - 1:20pm

ARCANE wrote:
bedumon wrote:Just out of interest what's the likelyhood of getting hold of one of these, where's the best place to look and what kind of money do they fetch??

Brazil! :lol: Sorry i couldnt resist, nice one for the pics that is awesome love it. 8)
Okay....Other than Brazil :D

shawn71

Post by shawn71 » 16th June 2010 - 2:48pm

Someone acquired one from Spain, I think it was, a while back. At a guess I'd say the Samba as you will probably have to import one.

They are pretty scarce I believe but do look pretty cool.

However a 412 looks very similar from the front but that is probably the only similarity as the Brasilia still stuck with a front beam suspension setup, much akin to the Beetle and Type 3 etc, whereas the 412 had evolved into a McPherson strut setup that gave better handling (or so they say!!). As for prices I don't have a clue for the Brasilia but a 412, depending on condition, will set you back anything from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand pounds.
'70VW 411LE 2 Door Saloon, '71 Beetle and '78 Late bay

bedumon

Post by bedumon » 16th June 2010 - 5:22pm

Thanks for the info lads.

Had a look on the samba. Prices really do vary!!

I'm just going to have to wait till I can afford to bring one over.....Only 4 years of uni left now :crybaby:

Editor

Post by Editor » 17th June 2010 - 1:39am

The one I put a link to was from Portugal -makes sense, Brazil being a Portuguese-speaking country, so presumably a colony at one time (not when Brasilias were being produced though!).
Dave.

purplepeter

Post by purplepeter » 17th June 2010 - 10:05am

there was one for sale at octoberfest last year,so might be worth going back thru pic galleries to find it-I seem to remember being surprised at how cheap it was!
Its the gold/bronze one highly modified