412 aka fudge..lives

Just for 411 and 412 stuff.
Paul Hayward

412 aka fudge..lives

Post by Paul Hayward » 27th March 2010 - 8:15pm

well late last year after sellin my oval i felt a little sad as it had to go to clear the credit card... found myself on the forum and saw this 412 auto for sale..as i broke my left foot badly years ago i love autos ...thought i would try n cheer myself up n get the 412 :lol: ..A few emails and calls to Gavin who was very honest and told me all areas that could or would need work in the future a deal was done and i sent up some money to secure the sale 8) ... As it was just before xmas it was really busy at work so got my good mate Danny of precious metal to pick it up for me.. a few days later i got a txt from Danny to say he had picjed her up and would be down my way in the morning,..and ps well done she looks like a goodun 8) ...when she turned up i was very pleased as Gavin was spot on with what he told me about the car and she really is pretty dam solid!..on flicking through all the history saw a photo book and it turns out the car was restoed in the early 90 s to a very high standard 8) ...its a bit tired around the edges but it wont take too much to get it all back up to scratch again

when i got fudge she had tax and mot but a broken engine ..so found a rotton as hell 411 , did a engine flush and changed the oil and she runs like a dream...very smoky to start with but been off the road for a good 5 years or more but its turned out to be a goodun....Sadly when me and a friend refitted the engine we broke the auto box :o ,,,the torque convertor was removed still on the engine so we just wrongly assumed that was how it went back in....a call to The FANTASTIC volksfarmers and Jane and Brian sent me down a new gear box last week... A good 6 hours on it today with my good mate Andy the HERO we had engine out swapped gearbox put engine back in corrctly this time ,,...And it all works :D :D .. We still got a hours finishing of on certain things but we took it for a quick drive up the lanes and all ok so ventured out onto the main road and cruised along at 60 no problems at all...i am so so pleased...She is going to be a fantastic car and i will be driving her to work at least 3 days a week..cant wait 8) ..will see if i can get a picy up in a mo..see you at big bang i hope!

Paul and Kat

Paul Hayward

Post by Paul Hayward » 27th March 2010 - 8:37pm

oops just realised its not in the type 4 corner :o ..Dave can you move it for me?..Sorry!

Paul

Done.. Dave.

stanford

Post by stanford » 31st March 2010 - 4:29pm

well done Paul for getting it sorted . its great to know its back on the road :D
ps the tenner is in the post for the nice words ;) lol
hope to meet at some shows
cheers gav

kps70

Post by kps70 » 1st April 2010 - 6:19pm

Another car for the "Great Type 4 line up of 2010?"
Kieron
Kieron

Paul Hayward

Post by Paul Hayward » 2nd April 2010 - 9:26am

kps70 wrote:Another car for the "Great Type 4 line up of 2010?"
Kieron
Yep 8) , have "Nancy the Notch" who will be sad if i leave her at home too often but it will be at Big Bang 8) ........ Drove fudge up to our club meet last night and it was the furthest ive driven it so far and all went well 8) 8) 8) .......I will be letting steve at Bugs n Buses near me give her the once over i hope next week as he has had lots of type 4 s over the years so i will be able to drive it up to the pod with no worries :D

will get rid if the greasy hand prints by then too :lol:

shawn71

Post by shawn71 » 2nd April 2010 - 9:57am

It's looking good 8)

Time to start chasing some of the other project Type 4s and check on progress :D

Jane Terry

Re: 412 aka fudge..lives

Post by Jane Terry » 23rd April 2010 - 2:58pm

She is looking good really pleased to hear you are back on the road. :D :D