Anyone know WRP 106H wood panel notch?

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
71 London fasty

Anyone know WRP 106H wood panel notch?

Post by 71 London fasty » 2nd June 2009 - 3:14pm

Alright there. I was following this cool notch back from Stonor on Sunday, and the owner may have the answer to the $64,000 question: How do you make red US spec rear lenses flash orange???! :?
He flashed his hazards to greet me to the road, nice, and it may have been my mind playing tricks on me but I'm sure they came up orange.
Help me WRP1 you're my only hope. ;)

PS nice to see some faces behind the cars, even if I did slope off without having a proper chat. I'll be bolder next time :D
smarter than a porsche

shawn71

Post by shawn71 » 2nd June 2009 - 5:46pm

Sure I read somewhere about green bulbs, but then it could have been a gardening programme and some daffs :?

71 London fasty

Post by 71 London fasty » 2nd June 2009 - 6:13pm

Apparently Titchmarsh is bang into type 3s ;) .
No, I think that is based on fact to a degree. I did some research into light mixing, which works differently from paint. If you mix red light with green light it will create yellow light. Eureka you would think.
But I gave it a go today and it didn't work. Just seemed to make the light dimmer. That said I did have to use a green permanent marker (used for glass) to make the bulb green. A bit blue Peter I know but how else would ya do it? I thought about getting some green lighting gel (the plastic stuff they put in front of lights on film sets and in theatres) but it was easier to get hold of a pen! Maybe I made it too dark... who knows? Someone must!
Manus.
smarter than a porsche

Danny Lord

Re: Anyone know WRP 106H wood panel notch?

Post by Danny Lord » 2nd June 2009 - 6:26pm

71 London fasty wrote:Alright there. I was following this cool notch back from Stonor on Sunday, and the owner may have the answer to the $64,000 question: How do you make red US spec rear lenses flash orange???! :?
He flashed his hazards to greet me to the road, nice, and it may have been my mind playing tricks on me but I'm sure they came up orange.
Help me WRP1 you're my only hope. ;)

PS nice to see some faces behind the cars, even if I did slope off without having a proper chat. I'll be bolder next time :D
The guy in question joined the club on Sunday at the show :)
dont know if he's signed up on here yet, (cant remember his name :()

The guy who built woody Notch is a Guy called Maurice from somewhere in London, I dont think he is on here but think his user name on Volkszone is ....pre52 but dont quote me on that!!

Danny.
Got a Notch? www.facebook.com/groups/327056744047848/

71 London fasty

Post by 71 London fasty » 2nd June 2009 - 6:30pm

Nice one Danny, is there no end to your knowledge! Cheers for the lenses by the way. They look wicked 8) . Just trying to work out what to do for MOT man tomorrow. UK lenses with a big chunk missing from the bottom clear section of one of them, or complete US spec with wrong colour indicator flash :? Just hope he's very very nice man :lol:

Manus.
smarter than a porsche

purplepeter

Post by purplepeter » 2nd June 2009 - 10:08pm

His username is notchwood!

71 London fasty

Post by 71 London fasty » 3rd June 2009 - 11:38pm

Thanks guys! I've now been in touch with Maurice who built the car. How cool is that, just days after seing the car 8) . That's some seriously good intelligence, I'm glad you're on my side :lol:
Apparently I was seeing things. There was never an orange light coming from the red part of the lens. He rewired the indicators so that they were behind the clear lens at the bottom, and I found out today that's fine as pre 1974 cars are not required to have reverse lights 8)
So I'm gonna rewire them so indicators are at the bottom and I can have fog lights at the top where the indicators used to be.
And I passed the MOT with the cracked old UK lenses on so all is good in the hood :)
Nice one!
smarter than a porsche

Notchwood

hi there!

Post by Notchwood » 10th June 2009 - 10:42pm

ok fellas this is my 1st time on here so hello. :)
im very pleased to say the notch woody is mine. I know i didnt build her but im a car fan throw and throw but have no tec abilaty at all so i have to reliy on others. :roll:
thanks to one of the members for the help with the car at stonor im still getting used to her littel quekers.
im going to deva on sunday im going to enter the show and shine but im not sure which secshion yet cos shes not concors. she got best in show at battels brigde. the hole show and shine is new to me.
i hope to see some of you there. :)
oh my names Stu.

Notchwood

bad spellin

Post by Notchwood » 10th June 2009 - 10:44pm

one more thing sorry for the bad spelling iv diylexia. youl get used to it. :D

kyle

Post by kyle » 11th June 2009 - 1:34am

dont worry about it bruv we all got it!!! :lol:
got any pix? c wat i mean!! :lol:
67 fastback
65 bug
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

Notchwood

car pix!

Post by Notchwood » 11th June 2009 - 11:46am

i havent any pix but ther some on here from stonor pack and if you put in (vw notch woody) in to google imige she pops up.
are you of to deva on sunday i need to put names to faces. :)

71 London fasty

Post by 71 London fasty » 11th June 2009 - 12:28pm

Welcome Stu! As you can see from this thread, the club is REALLY cool! 8) The collective member brain seems to know EVERYTHING you could need to know and more :lol:
Loved your motor, Type 3s rock, enjoy it!
Manus.
smarter than a porsche

Post by 66912 » 11th September 2009 - 1:38pm

Hello

I just found this site - due to a search.

I used to own this car a very long time ago... It was brought into the UK from Oz. Hence RHD and was on the number plate LLE 23V until I got an age related plate. Its good to see it on the road and being enjoyed