Newbie Hunting for and Type 4, Any Help?

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
Jimmers

Newbie Hunting for and Type 4, Any Help?

Post by Jimmers » 13th August 2020 - 11:31am

Hi new to this forum.
I do not own any vehicles but I have a bit of a story and wondering if you guys can help me
My dad had a 411le which he purchased at just a few months old and owned till I was in my late teens.
I did try to trace the car with the original numberplate but was showing no registration on dvla system so I thought all was lost on that car. I also contacted a vw magazine where the printed a supplied picture with no luck

Recently we have been tidying my dads place out of years and years of paperwork and low and behold we came across a large folder full of the original sales receipts. The service books and service receipts. Bill's. Parts book. Repair manual. All vw supplied stuff. Which now also states the chassis and engine number for the car. Which is where I am now wanting to ask if there is anywhere or anyway I can find a vehicle using the details of chassis and engine numbers??? Your help be much appreciated as if I could find the car then all this olknformation and pictures through the years might be of interest to the owner??
Long shot I know but always worth a try
Thanks james

broady_6

Re: Newbie Hunting for and Type 4, Any Help?

Post by broady_6 » 13th August 2020 - 12:13pm

Hello and welcome.

I think you will be better off posting some photos of the car and letting us know the reg. Most of the cars in the UK are known by someone on here. So with that information you may find someone recognises is. As far as I know there is no public data base of chassis numbers.

I hope we can help you!
The sultan of swing

Jimmers

Post by Jimmers » 13th August 2020 - 5:09pm

vw me.jpg
vw me.jpg (123.17 KiB) Viewed 5263 times

937carrera

Post by 937carrera » 14th August 2020 - 10:54pm

Welcome

I presume that's you sat on the bonnet :)

Was the car a saloon or a variant ? That looks like a 4 door saloon from the photo, but it is dark.
David
1974 412LS Variant
1973 412LE 4 door Fastback / Saloon

Jimmers

Post by Jimmers » 17th August 2020 - 6:38am

Hi the model number is 422021 in the service book?? I will have some more photos of it soon
Thanks James